The CryptoGuard VPN can be easily integrated into an existing network, thus reinforcing security and confidentiality.
With all relevant information about a company now being exchanged electronically through computer networks, this makes network security today one of the major concerns practically of any company big or small. Since the network technology used may assist attackers in many ways, these networks don’t generally guarantee security or confidentiality. For this reason, security must be added to a company’s networks. The security requirement can be met by integrating additional safety devices into the existing network.
What are the advantages of VPN?
- The basic idea of a Virtual Private Network (VPN) is to use the advantages of an open communication infrastructure in an economical way (e.g. the Internet) without taking the associated risks.
- A VPN ensures that the privacy of confidential information is maintained during transmission through the networks (LANs and WANs), so that only authorized users can access the data.
- VPN systems are integrated in the system communication in the form of black boxes or sub-layers of security, together with an intelligent security management capabilities.
A highly secure VPN can be built using components of system security CryptoGuard VPN. The CryptoGuard VPN system consists of:
- the Security Management Station (SMS), the central management station;
- the CryptoGuard VPN (CGVPN), a packet filter and encryption device;
- and the CryptoGuard VPN Client (CGClient), a packet filter and client encryption for Microsoft operating systems.
In addition to the CryptoGuard components, the CryptoGuard VPN system can be integrated with the VPN firewall device CryptoBastion. Combining the two security systems CryptoGuard VPN and VPN Client with the same management allows users to create powerful solutions for network security.